• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lawyerless

What is the name of your state? Wis.
I am appealing this case, in brief.
Customer purchased fish tank, and donated it to local nursing home. (verbal) maintance was agreed at 25.00 monthly thu my store. 1 year later customer takes me to small claims court, wants all money returned, States unsatisified about water quality. Judge awards them $1,000.00, even thou local nursing home had paid all maintance, and was not upset with petstore, in fact want to repurchase fish tank, Judge ordered my store to do maintance on tank at no charge till his desision was done 4 mo's later his desisioin in favor of Plaintiff based on
"fundamental tenet of the laws governing the formation of contracts in Wis. that: "to be enforceable the contract must express the essential commitment and obligantions of each party with reasonable certainty. The minds of the parties must meet on essential terms." Management Computer Services v. Hawkins, 196 Wis. 2d 578, 594-95(ct. app. 1995)
citations omitted;
What is the case he is quoting his finding on, and briefly about. What can I do in the appeals or notice to reconsider I am filing. I am a very small business and cannot afford his desision. any help you give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....
(customer and family of plaintiffs personal supporter of judge)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">