• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Steffanie0211

Ohio

I was paying for groceries, school supplies and so on for my youger sisters. My mother said that she would pay me back in full when she got all the money. I evetually spent over $1000, and she won't pay me back. During all this time she was receving $1200 a month in child support and had received a $40,000 divorce settlement. Do i have grounds to sue in small claims?

S

Steffanie0211

Yes. I have all the receipts and my sisters said they would testify saying i was the one paying for their things.

BL

I'm not one to advise Family feuds, but if you must, filing small claims is cheap .. Most you can do is win or lose and fight with the Family ..

JETX

"my sisters said they would testify saying i was the one paying for their things."
*** That isn't important. What would be important would be their knowledge of an agreement for your mother to reimburse you for the expenditures.

If you have proof of the repayment agreement, either direct or by testimony of others (including sisters), you can certainly file your claim in court and bring them down to testify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">