• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimmibaby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

A few months ago, I became pregnant, and decided along with the baby's father, to terminate the pregnancy. Even before I had the procedure done, he was willing to pay for some of the expenses. I have many text messages from him stating this.
Now, months later, I still have not been paid. Just wondering if this is something that I can take to small claims. I know abortion is a touchy subject, just wondering if there is a way to actually get him to pay me.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

A few months ago, I became pregnant, and decided along with the baby's father, to terminate the pregnancy. Even before I had the procedure done, he was willing to pay for some of the expenses. I have many text messages from him stating this.
Now, months later, I still have not been paid. Just wondering if this is something that I can take to small claims. I know abortion is a touchy subject, just wondering if there is a way to actually get him to pay me.
You made the decision to abort your child. That was all your choice. Your body, your choice.

Unless you were married, the baby's father has no legal obligation to pay for any of the expenses for the abortion procedure. While he may have offered, it is clear that he changed his mind, and that is his right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">