• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roberth5

Michigan:

I am being sued (personally & through one (1) unrelated and one (1) related LLC) over a disputed bill from a service company I had do some work on a commercial property I own. They are not interested in settling for anything less than the full amount of the bill and have elected to sue in small claims. I just received the Notice to Appear and it lists the operating and owning LLC as the plaintiff, and ADDITIONALLY listed as Defendants is another unrelated entity I own as well as me personally.

Under what conditions is it permissable to file an action that includes Defendants from unrelated companies, LLC’s, and/or its members, presidents, etc. (personally), whereas the member of the actual Defendant is also a member of another unrelated LLC and/or officer of an unrelated company?

Is this resolution to argue in the court that the other enties are not related?

It just seems like it could get real messy if Inc.’s or LLC’s offered no legal boundaries or protections for your other unrelated interest or assets and yourself personally.

Thanks,
Robert

seniorjudge

Under what conditions is it permissable to file an action that includes Defendants from unrelated companies, LLC’s, and/or its members, presidents, etc. (personally), whereas the member of the actual Defendant is also a member of another unrelated LLC and/or officer of an unrelated company?

Is this resolution to argue in the court that the other enties are not related?

Bob, is this really the way you talk and write?

If so, then give up because no one will understand you.

In any event, I will try to answer your question even though it is not clear what you are asking: You sue everyone you want and let the court sort it out.

If that is not what you were asking, then rephrase your question.

roberth5

Question Answered.

You answered the question. Let the Courts sort it out, makes good sense.

Sorry for the long explanation prior, reviewing it, I see where there was too much unrelated information used in my attempt to define the question.

I appreciate your answer.

Robert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">