• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims against Online Seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

haacked

What is the name of your state? CA

The Seller lives in PA and sold me a monitor via E-Bay. After I sent a money order to pay for the monitor, the seller told me he never received it and I assumed it was lost in the mail.

I filed a claim with the USPS and got my money back for the money order. I then used Paypal to pay the seller. The seller never sent me the monitor. Seller has promised to pay me back via phone and email, but recently I received a notice that someone had cashed the Money order AFTER I filed the claim and received a refund and that I had to pay back the USPS for the refund. So now I'm down twice the cost of the monitor and I have a copy of the money order with the seller's signature.

I would like to sue the seller for the entire amount. Can I sue them in a small claims court in CA since that's where I purchased the item? Or must I travel to PA since I believe that's where he lives?

Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

haacked said:
What is the name of your state? CA

The Seller lives in PA and sold me a monitor via E-Bay. After I sent a money order to pay for the monitor, the seller told me he never received it and I assumed it was lost in the mail.

I filed a claim with the USPS and got my money back for the money order. I then used Paypal to pay the seller. The seller never sent me the monitor. Seller has promised to pay me back via phone and email, but recently I received a notice that someone had cashed the Money order AFTER I filed the claim and received a refund and that I had to pay back the USPS for the refund. So now I'm down twice the cost of the monitor and I have a copy of the money order with the seller's signature.

I would like to sue the seller for the entire amount. Can I sue them in a small claims court in CA since that's where I purchased the item? Or must I travel to PA since I believe that's where he lives?

Thanks.

My response:

We don't help E-Bay problems any longer, because we're tired of repeating the same crap. When you deal with people you don't know across State lines, you deserve what you get. There's a never-ending stream of people like you who get cheated.

I'll bet you'll never buy anything over the Internet again, will you!

IAAL

Last edited:
H

haacked

re:

Thanks. You've all been so helpful ;)

I found out what I need to know elsewhere.

G

goldengirl

We Are in the Same Boat

I am in a similar situation. Sent payment via PayPal never received my order. When the seller finally replys to my emails he continues to state that he requests a phone number to contact me but never receives it - LIES! If you've found the answer to the question please let me know. Maybe I'm gullable, but I just feel that when you say your gonna do something you do it. I've bought & sold stuff on email (all the time) and I always delivery. I just want what is rightfully due me - my money back. Please email me with the answer to your questions - which state do you have to file suit in. I'm in CA and the seller is in New York so.... Your help is greatly appreciated! [email protected]. Thanks!

JETX

Goldengirl:
Please don't hijack someone elses thread. It is both rude and causes confusion (when people try to respond to the initial issue and you think it is to yours).

Please DELETE your post on this thread and start your own. We will be glad to try to answer your questions there.

Oh, and we do NOT email writers.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">