• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims amendment for punitive damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mauigirl09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

Ok, I took my vehicle in to an oil change center, it has a complex engine system (2005 Saturn Vue) long story short, they severly damaged my car, I am currently $1795.65 out of pocket, I have a small claims court appointment on 3/30 in Maui County small claims court, I have new evidence, and I want to file for the full amount allowed which is $3500 to include punitive damages, for time, anxiety and frustration due to their negligence, so can I ammend my small claims for an extra $1704.35, to get the maximum judgement allowed, if so how do I go about amending my petition ?
I have used 4 Monday's ( My day off ) and countless hours on line and driving in to town to process them and serve them, sleepless nights, low productivity and lost wages at work. I am so upset , its consuming me, these people have no clue as to what they have done to me and my vehicle when I simply went in for a 20 minute max, oil change. Please advise.. Mahalo

Pojo

Sorry but those are just your expense to file and pursue the claim so you will be awarded the actual damages.

CourtClerk

How many times have you been to the doctor for your anxiety, frustration and insomnia?

If a broken down car is "consuming you" to the point where you can't sleep and all that jazz, then perhaps you should spend some time talking to the person who (1) lost his job and can't find another one because the economy sucks (2) had his car repossessed (3) is losing his home (4) can't feed his family and (5) has no medical insurance and a sick wife or child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">