• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims ands child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hi I have an impending small claims court date to where I'm the plaintiff, this girl hit me head on while she was drunk but didn't have insurance.. So that part is a slam dunk.. My question is since it was a loss by me as far as me loosing my car and I owe some back child support can they garnish that as well?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hi I have an impending small claims court date to where I'm the plaintiff, this girl hit me head on while she was drunk but didn't have insurance.. So that part is a slam dunk.. My question is since it was a loss by me as far as me loosing my car and I owe some back child support can they garnish that as well?
Really, buddy, win and COLLECT first; then pay your back support. Your kids deserve that.

round 1

Really, buddy, win and COLLECT first; then pay your back support. Your kids deserve that.

Oh believe me I am gonna use some of that money but I'm also gonna put some away to save for a car because my car was totaled in the accident and they live out of state so I can't even go see them

Isis1

Oh believe me I am gonna use some of that money but I'm also gonna put some away to save for a car because my car was totaled in the accident and they live out of state so I can't even go see them
i wish i could stop feeding my teenager so i can buy a car! i could pay for a brand new SUV in two years if i stop feeding him tomorrow! and the money i'd save on clothing him! i'll be a millionaire REAL quick!

round 1

i wish i could stop feeding my teenager so i can buy a car! i could pay for a brand new SUV in two years if i stop feeding him tomorrow! and the money i'd save on clothing him! i'll be a millionaire REAL quick!

Ok you just don't get it.. I'm already paying what I can out of disability so don't even say I don't pay at all... Keep your smart ass answers to yourself cause all I asked was a simple question and u started giving me your point of view of something completely different

Antigone*

Ok you just don't get it.. I'm already paying what I can out of disability so don't even say I don't pay at all... Keep your smart ass answers to yourself cause all I asked was a simple question and u started giving me your point of view of something completely different
...and you got your simple answer.

Now with that attitude that's all you should expect.

~ Tigi out.

Bella, how about a round at the B&G. :)

divona2000

...I have an impending small claims court date to where I'm the plaintiff, this girl hit me head on while she was drunk but didn't have insurance.. So that part is a slam dunk...
Maybe you will win...but collecting any money from a drunk with no insurance?
Might take a long time. Might take forever.
If you win, you have to chase that money...the court doesn't hand it to you.

Isis1

first amendment! sue me! :D

BL

You ask a question .

You didn't give any details about support obligations and disability .

If you would have included weather it's SSI or SSDI that you receive and weather you have filed a modification due to your disability , you would have received more accurate answers .

It's not a simple a you think to reply without the facts .

You got answers to the questions you posted .

If you'd keep your Smart **** emotional comments to yourself and stick to facts , you'd get proper advice around here .

sandyclaus

If you have an unpaid child support garnishment or judgment against you, then what business do you have spending ANYTHING over and above your SSI on something like a new car?

Do your kids need a new car? Because if they don't, then you don't deserve to have one either. Nor should there be any world where you can afford to have one if you can't afford to support your kids as the court has ordered you to do.

IF you should win your judgment, then YES. Someone could see that you will be receiving monies from someone that could be considered garnishable. And I sincerely hope they do that, for your kids' sake.

Proserpina

There are no trains or airports where you live? :confused:

divona2000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">