• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims or bigger?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SilenceDogood01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hello,
I live in Tennessee and have operated a small business in Mustang performance. I began the company while going through college, and was an active member of a free car club. Recently, I have moved from Nashville and back home to Knoxville. Not liking the direction of the other club, I started my own club (actually, I resurrected my old club from a few years ago. Our club has grown a LOT over the past few months, and the other club has felt threatened, I suppose, over our growth. They have tried to bully me into selling my club, and I refused.
Recently, they contacted our site designer (the one that actually owns the name to the club) and threatened legal action against him. He has since pulled our site down because of it. They are stating that they now have a trade mark on my club, although this does not show up on the USPTO site.
Over the past few months, they have lied about me both written and spoken, created a thread where their admins can bash me with further lies, and even brought my business into it. Because of this, I have lost a few thousand dollars where I financed some parts and labor to some of the club's members (back when I was a member there) and they have since decided not to pay what they owe. Recently, one of the site owners (who is a complete phycho) has created a website to look like my company site with a similar URL further spreading lies about me. He has even driven from Murfreesboro to Knoxville (3 hours) in order to drive up to my house, take pictures of the house, take pictures of some of my cars including the license plates, posted up satellite pics of my house from Google, threatened me over the phone, called my fiancee at 1am and threatened her, and posted the pics of the vehicles, house, license plates, my family, and even directions on how to ge to my house! Because of this, I have been forced to shut my business down, cost me my reputation, and I have even had to go to the ER with chest pains twice during all of this. He has completely ruined my reputation in my line of work as well as in the area, and even cost me several friends. So is this a case that I should persue in a small claims court, or should I get a lawyer (which I cannot really afford right now) and persue it on a larger scale? Thanks for the advice!

SilenceDogood01

By the way, I have a voice mail of him threatening Tiffany over the phone, as well as him being kind enough to post up a picture of a private message to him on another forum, so he has left several bits of proof that he is the creator of the site designed to bash me. How do I get this site taken down? Injunction? How do I do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">