• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Citation how do i fight this myself?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MyMia

Houston, Texas
I was served papers from the car dealer I was purchasing a car through today. I had nothing but MAJOR problems with the truck from the very beginning, they just wanted the truck back they did not want to fix the transmition etc. even though I was still paying them and put 3K down, the problems started not even 3 weeks after I purchased it, it was used so from what I understand the texas Lemon Law does not apply. I broke down on the freeway the wrecker suggested I let his machanic shop fix it. long story short, I could not afford the 2400.00 to get it out, the Dealer files a warrent for writ, I went to court told them that they could have the truck no problem the judge dismissed the warrent and granted them the truck, they caled the machanic, they wanted him to just give the truck back to them, he said no I want all the money that is owed to me. Now they are sueing me for 9942.19 4K of that is the rest owed on the truck, 5,900.00 of that is attorney's fees??? the the reason on the citation for sueing me, is that I allowed the mechanic to place a lien on the truck. FYI the sales price on this truck was only 9,900.00 and I only put 800 miles on it in a year and a half.
HOW DO I FIGHT THIS???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CraigFL

I think you bought an as-is vehicle and had it repaired when apparently you changed your mind and/or couldn't afford it. Now, the best solution is to pay for the repair, drive the vehicle and continue making payments if they will let you. If they will take the truck back, you will still need to pay for the repair and are at the mercy of the dealer's terms since they don't have to do this...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">