• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims contractual agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john606

WISCONSIN

I am currently the defendant in a small claims case in front of the Winnebago County circuit court. The case basically revolves around a clause or a number within the purchase of a small business. I brought a pre-existing business and with the contract of sale stated that I would pay a consultancy portion to the amount of 60 hours for a fee of 35.00 an hour.

With that being said, the short and long of it is... I initially intended on using the consultancy within the transition of ownership. That is not how it proceeded rather no consultancy was done. If anything it was quite the opposite. I was contacted via email mid-november by the seller looking to acknowledge that the hours were not done. The contract was to be completed by December 31, 2008.

The end result is I could go on forever but i want to get a feel for what my legal options are.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

WISCONSIN

I am currently the defendant in a small claims case in front of the Winnebago County circuit court. The case basically revolves around a clause or a number within the purchase of a small business. I brought a pre-existing business and with the contract of sale stated that I would pay a consultancy portion to the amount of 60 hours for a fee of 35.00 an hour.

With that being said, the short and long of it is... I initially intended on using the consultancy within the transition of ownership. That is not how it proceeded rather no consultancy was done. If anything it was quite the opposite. I was contacted via email mid-november by the seller looking to acknowledge that the hours were not done. The contract was to be completed by December 31, 2008.

The end result is I could go on forever but i want to get a feel for what my legal options are.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you were in default and owe 60 hours X $35.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">