• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbyp

What is the name of your state?louisiana
I was sued and recieved notice that a judgement was granted against me for failure to answer in ten days. Do I still have a right to answer if after ten days but before judgement.

bubbyp

small claims

I filed a suit against someone. After filing the suit I received a certified letter of reconvention by them. When I called the City Court I was told I could not do anything until I was served with a notice. The certified letter was dated Nov. 13. I was served a citation that I was being sued from the sherrifs dept. on Jan. 23. Ifiled an answer at this time. Does the ten day time period to answer start from the date of the certified letter from the plantiff or the citation delivered by the sheerif.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">