• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelle1019

What is the name of your state? michigan
I was suing a defendant in small claims and he asked for it to go to district court,
and now he has a counter claim suing me, can i answer his counter claim now or wait till the court date he has made up things to ask for that are not the truth, to try of getting out of paying me my earned wages.

lwpat

If it is wages you probably should be filing a complaint witht he wage and hour board in your state first,

justalayman

If it is wages you probably should be filing a complaint witht he wage and hour board in your state first,
I agree but it seems a bit late for that now. If the other party has already files a countersuit, the OP does not affect that by dropping their suit. The countersuit will stay unless dropped by the counterclaimant.

You need to file a response with your defense included.

weenor

I agree but it seems a bit late for that now. If the other party has already files a countersuit, the OP does not affect that by dropping their suit. The countersuit will stay unless dropped by the counterclaimant.

You need to file a response with your defense included.
I will add that if you don't answer, default judgment can and will be taken against you.

chelle1019

reply to small claims

What is the name of your state? michigan
I was suing a defendant in small claims and he asked for it to go to district court,
and now he has a counter claim suing me, can i answer his counter claim now or wait till the court date he has made up things to ask for that are not the truth, to try of getting out of paying me my earned wages.

It was to late to file with the Wage and labor board you only have 30 days from the time problem arose.

Know do i have a certin time limit to answer? and what form should i use or draw up paper work with my answers on a piece of paper like a letter like his attorney did?is this a formal court paper it looks like somthing he did on the computer, or sould it be a "affidavit or claim,or some other form?:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">