• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims court being sued.... HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithgeorgia

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I am being sued for return of money on a sale of a puppy. Can they win??
My ad did say health guarantee.
But no written health guarantee was given.
I sold a couple a puppy on Saturday, at the time of sale I thought they were healthly. The puppy started getting sick on Tuesday. They stated in the suit the they talk to me on Tuesday but they didn't I was out of town. I spoke to them on Wednesday evening along with most of the other owners. The puppies turned out to have Parvo. I will not say that they got it at their new owns home. I took them to the vet for their wellness check the saturday prior to them going to their new homes the next Saturday.
Their puppy died eight days later. I offered to replace the puppy they refused.
Per the suit - They have a letter from their vet stating that the puppy got parvo before leaving my house. They have also stated that they called my vet and he states that 2 puppies died. That is not true. My vets no one has called him. They are also wanting me to pay the vet bill. They have a copy of the vet bill. Also can they present the letter from the vet since the vet isn't there to state it them self.
My question is would I have to refund their money or just replace the puppy. I never gave them a health guarantee. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">