• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims court disclosure hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cher1

What is the name of your state? Maine Ihave a small claims court disclosure hearing on June 20. I can not pay the debt at this time. My only income is public asisstance and live in subsidized housing with two children. Is there anything i can do to get this hearing dismissed before june 20. SHould i contact creditors attorney and give them this information. thank-you.

klyncher

Have you checked with your local lawyer referral services 1-800-860-1460 or Bar Association 207-622-7523, they might offer free legal referral, advise and/or counsel based on your current financial status. Good Luck!

JETX

cher1 said:
Is there anything i can do to get this hearing dismissed before june 20.
Probably not. The purpose for the hearing is for you to answer the creditors questions, under oath, about your financial condition. Your simply telling them, outside of a courtroom and not under oath, would likely NOT be acceptable to them (as it wouldn't to me).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">