• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court over unpaid wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craig1235

What is the name of your state? texas

I am thinking about taking my former employer to small claims court for the unpaid breaks that I worked through and the general hours I did not get paid for. Now, we had no time clock and she kept no records of our hours. I do have my fellow employees as witnesses. I don't think she would flat out lie about my hours or my rate of pay but she might try to say that agreed to work for free those hours, or since I agreed to run errands on my unpaid breaks, that I agreed to do it for free. I did not agree to do it for free and she verbally agreed to reimburse me by giving me paid time off in the future but I was let go before this ever happend. Does anyone have any advice??? Thank You.

seniorjudge

craig1235 said:
What is the name of your state? texas

I am thinking about taking my former employer to small claims court for the unpaid breaks that I worked through and the general hours I did not get paid for. Now, we had no time clock and she kept no records of our hours. I do have my fellow employees as witnesses. I don't think she would flat out lie about my hours or my rate of pay but she might try to say that agreed to work for free those hours, or since I agreed to run errands on my unpaid breaks, that I agreed to do it for free. I did not agree to do it for free and she verbally agreed to reimburse me by giving me paid time off in the future but I was let go before this ever happend. Does anyone have any advice??? Thank You.
double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=317152

craig1235

since this is my first time on a message board i assumed this post would need to be in a different section since i'm now asking about small claims court.

the new question is: does anyone have advice about small claims court regarding this situation? i need to know what kind of proof i may need. can i take her to court with next to no written documentation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">