• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court Question on Collecting Jugdment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovefish1

What is the name of your state? California

I have a case that I had a question on? I collect money on past due accounts for a company.

In 2000 when I was still new at suing people in Small Claim Court. We sued a (Husband )homeowner in small claim court and did not know at the time that the person who owns the home is the wife. We did not put her on the original claim, now we are going before the judge to get the wife, put on the abstract of judgment (Lien). Can anyone advise me on how to get this done. What laws would help my case?

Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited:

JETX

lovefish1 said:
In 2000 when I was still new at suing people in Small Claim Court. We sued a (Husband )homeowner in small claim court and did not know at the time that the person who owns the home is the wife. We did not put her on the original claim, now we are going before the judge to get the wife, put on the abstract of judgment (Lien). Can anyone advise me on how to get this done. What laws would help my case?

Thanks!!!!!!
File a form SC-105 (Motion and Declaration) asking that the assets in the name of the spouse be included under the California community property statutes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">