• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court question (need help please)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crusher38

i just had a small claims hearing recently where i was the plaintiff against a business.

they ruled in the businesses favor and issued the judgment by mail.

but when i checked the online portion of the file, it said "As to (defendant name), Magistrate's Entry Filed. See Entry. MAGISTRATE'S DECISION. Case continued to 07/29/2015 for JUDGE'S APPROVAL. "

it didnt give me any more info other than that. what exactly is going on if they ruled against me in this case and the magistrate continues the trial but i dont have any more info other than the date?

is the date even for me or for the defendant? because there was no "as to plaintiff" listed.

thank you all in advance, i've never had a court case before this one and hopefully the defendant isnt trying anything sneaky.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">