• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Dispute with co-borrower

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noraa1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I co signed on a signature loan with another party who otherwise could not get the loan because of bad credit he is the primary borrower who is reponsable for making the monthly payments but has yet to make any payments over the first three months I have made these payments in order to protect my own credit rating meanwhile he has not returned my phone calls or text messages in regards to his own fiananual responsability on this matter I have made a deal with the bank to pay off the remaining balance which totals 1,800 this is to ensure that my credit rating does not suffer, my question is after I have resolved this issue with the bank can I sue this party for the damage he has done to my credit rating and also to recoupe my 1,800.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I co signed on a signature loan with another party who otherwise could not get the loan because of bad credit he is the primary borrower who is reponsable for making the monthly payments but has yet to make any payments over the first three months I have made these payments in order to protect my own credit rating meanwhile he has not returned my phone calls or text messages in regards to his own fiananual responsability on this matter I have made a deal with the bank to pay off the remaining balance which totals 1,800 this is to ensure that my credit rating does not suffer, my question is after I have resolved this issue with the bank can I sue this party for the damage he has done to my credit rating and also to recoupe my 1,800.
Yes you can. You can also sue for any interest you paid as well.

Do yourself a favor, don't ever co-sign on a loan. If Warren Buffet asks you to co-sign a loan for him, the answer should always be NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">