• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jalebkid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello, i was sued in small claims court for a car i sold. I sold the car to them, they wanted their money back for the car and return the car. When the plaintiff sued, they didn't have the car in their position, it was at an impound lot with storage fees totaling to $2800 dollars. They purchased the car from me for $3000 dollars. When she took me to court in June 2011, the judge said that the defendent is not going to pay you $3000, then pay $2800 to pull the car out of impound. Plaintiff must pay to get vehicle out of impound then defendent will pay the $3000. I called to plaintiff and she never returned my car to me and was demanding judgement to be paid. Well, i filed a claim of exemption and was denied by the judge. The judge was very rude and said "youre not getting your car back, its too late, you owe $3600." What am i supposed to do in this situation? I am a college student who cant afford the judgement and want my car back. Is it too late for an appeal? Can i sue for my car back? How does it work?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello, i was sued in small claims court for a car i sold. I sold the car to them, they wanted their money back for the car and return the car. When the plaintiff sued, they didn't have the car in their position, it was at an impound lot with storage fees totaling to $2800 dollars. They purchased the car from me for $3000 dollars. When she took me to court in June 2011, the judge said that the defendent is not going to pay you $3000, then pay $2800 to pull the car out of impound. Plaintiff must pay to get vehicle out of impound then defendent will pay the $3000. I called to plaintiff and she never returned my car to me and was demanding judgement to be paid. Well, i filed a claim of exemption and was denied by the judge. The judge was very rude and said "youre not getting your car back, its too late, you owe $3600." What am i supposed to do in this situation? I am a college student who cant afford the judgement and want my car back. Is it too late for an appeal? Can i sue for my car back? How does it work?
There is way more to this story. As for your car, it is long gone. If a judge says you need to satisfy your judgment, then get a job and pay what you owe.

jalebkid

How is my car long gone, the judge had told her to return the vehicle for the money back. I attempted to pay but she never answered the phone because she didnt even have the car in her possession. How is it that i lose my car and have to satisfy the judgement on top? It is really not fair...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">