• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michigan1978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Recently my brother and mother moved in with me from a trailer that my sister and brother in law owned.

When they moved my sister told them to leave the furniture. So they did.

A month later she started calling and said they did not want the furniture and could someone go over and put it outside, so we did.

Then this past Friday she wanted us to pay to have it hauled away, we made arrangements for someone to haul it away the next Tuesday.My sister asked if they could drop this stuff on my front lawn until then, and I said no.

Well after I left for work on Friday night they came in the night and dropped it off, some of the stuff was not even moms or brothers property. My brother called the cops but he could not file a complaint because he was not the homeowner.

When I ended up getting home I called the police and they told me that because it was my moms and brothers property,and they lived at the residence there was nothing they could do. And the best course of action would be a civil suit.

My issue is this my sister dumped a bunch of stuff in yard, none of it was mine. And some of it was not my moms or brothers. I have to pay to have it hauled away.

I am looking to file a small claims against her to get my money for having it hauled away.

Can you give me some idea of how strong my case may be and what to focus on.

Lance

justalayman

Focus on the truthful facts. Unless your sister claims you gave your permission to dump the stuff you shouldn't have much of a problem winning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">