• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims HELP Thanks in advance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mznatalie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I've posted about this a couple of months ago and received great advice. THANK YOU ALL! Now I have just one more question.

Six months ago I did a website for a auto dealership and up until now i have been trying to work with them every time I ask about payment they tell me ok and never pay. A month ago i finally spoke with the owner and he said okay i'll take care of it I have called him back and no response and he hasn't returned my call. The part that bothers me is every time I call they try to "buy time" Most recently they told me they were being sued by their old web designer because I used a logo that they told me to use and that I needed to change it. I did it immediately because I didn't want any excuses not to pay. (Initially they told me a friend did their old site and never finished... Obviously another lie) They constantly try to buy time by saying they forgot the password to login to the site etc. Sorry so long... but my question is

Can i only sue for the price of the website or can I sue for some sort of interest (there is no formal contract... Stupid I know) Can i sue for travel for having to file this claim I do not drive and have to pay someone to drive me to the court to file the claim which is 30 miles away. Can I sue for the extra work they asked me to do to "buy time." I added they additions to the site that weren't part of the original agreement but I did it because I just didn't want them to have an excuse not to pay me.

Please help normally I would just let this go but I have a feeling they have done this to other web designers that just let it go.

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I've posted about this a couple of months ago and received great advice. THANK YOU ALL! Now I have just one more question.

Six months ago I did a website for a auto dealership and up until now i have been trying to work with them every time I ask about payment they tell me ok and never pay. A month ago i finally spoke with the owner and he said okay i'll take care of it I have called him back and no response and he hasn't returned my call. The part that bothers me is every time I call they try to "buy time" Most recently they told me they were being sued by their old web designer because I used a logo that they told me to use and that I needed to change it. I did it immediately because I didn't want any excuses not to pay. (Initially they told me a friend did their old site and never finished... Obviously another lie) They constantly try to buy time by saying they forgot the password to login to the site etc. Sorry so long... but my question is

Can i only sue for the price of the website or can I sue for some sort of interest (there is no formal contract... Stupid I know) Can i sue for travel for having to file this claim I do not drive and have to pay someone to drive me to the court to file the claim which is 30 miles away. Can I sue for the extra work they asked me to do to "buy time." I added they additions to the site that weren't part of the original agreement but I did it because I just didn't want them to have an excuse not to pay me.

Please help normally I would just let this go but I have a feeling they have done this to other web designers that just let it go.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/please-help-can-i-sue-428178.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">