• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims, I won, But I also lost. Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayrblack

:confused: What is the name of your state? OH

My ex-landlord sued me for damages in small claims for $1400. He had my $395 deposit. Judge decided there was no damage but said that furniture I left cost $240 to move. Judgement was for plaintiff $240, but Plaintiff was to pay me $155, balance of deposit. Judge wrote a decision that said there was a judgement aginst me. I paid court costs, judge refused to acknowledge a satisfaction of judgement. Plaintiff refuses too sign a satisafaction and hasn't paid me. Court records shows I have an outstanding judgement and I can' get it removed, even tho it has been paid(retained by plaintiff).
Any advice apprciated.

seniorjudge

jayrblack said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? OH

My ex-landlord sued me for damages in small claims for $1400. He had my $395 deposit. Judge decided there was no damage but said that furniture I left cost $240 to move. Judgement was for plaintiff $240, but Plaintiff was to pay me $155, balance of deposit. Judge wrote a decision that said there was a judgement aginst me. I paid court costs, judge refused to acknowledge a satisfaction of judgement. Plaintiff refuses too sign a satisafaction and hasn't paid me. Court records shows I have an outstanding judgement and I can' get it removed, even tho it has been paid(retained by plaintiff).
Any advice apprciated.

Ask the court clerk for a statement showing where the dough went. If it shows that the plaintiff got what he was awarded, then ask the clerk if the clerk can mark the judgment satisfied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">