• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnite007x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

how do you execute on a judgement under $500?? is it worth it?? it is against my landlord, can i take it out of my next rent? they are refusing to pay the judgement

dolebot

It may be different in NC, but in FL you may absolutely not take it out of rent. Your best method is a bank levy. When you get your checks back after they cash them they will have bank account info on the back. Use that and the sheriff serves the bank, who if everything is kosher will freeze the account and take the money. In FL the whole thing costs about $350, but you get those expenses back with the money. Also if you hire an attorney - and they successfully do the same thing - the attorney's fees are included as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">