• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Judgement( Next Step)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csfos513

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

I won a judgement against a company in small claims and I know if I really want to get paid I have to garnish or put a lien on something, please advise if you would just automatically go to court after 10 days and garnish what I can, or would you send another demand letter stating a timeframe to get paid.

BBB will not help unless the defendant does not pay, however the judge gives no timeframe for the company to submit payment?
Please suggest
CF

snoozieq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

I won a judgement against a company in small claims and I know if I really want to get paid I have to garnish or put a lien on something, please advise if you would just automatically go to court after 10 days and garnish what I can, or would you send another demand letter stating a timeframe to get paid.

BBB will not help unless the defendant does not pay, however the judge gives no timeframe for the company to submit payment?
Please suggest
CF
I am probably not the one to be giving any advice, but I would suggest since you had to take them to small claims court they probably aren't the most honest and you are probably better off just going for a garnish to insure you will get paid each and every time.

racer72

The BBB has no legal authority to do anything for you, don't waste your time. A judgment just gives you the legal right to collect the debt in way set by law, the court will not collect the debt for you. You may also find out why about 75% of all personal judgment are never fully or partially collected. Texas does not allow the garnishment of wages so that is one method not available to you.

John_DFW

While I agree the BBB cannot do anything for you, I would file a complaint. It may save some other person from the same situation you are in.

Perhaps the Texas Attorney General could help?

I thought you could do a writ of execution in TX?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">