• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Jury Trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom Sullivan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Trucking company refused to pay additional damages for my vehicle after accident. Now their attorney is paying for a jury trial over a $2,000 claim. What should I do?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Trucking company refused to pay additional damages for my vehicle after accident. Now their attorney is paying for a jury trial over a $2,000 claim. What should I do?
If you feel you have a strong case, you might want to hire an attorney yourself. When the attorney is involved, even small claims cases can get complicated fast. When in doubt, don't go to court without one acting on your behalf. (If you win the case, the other side pays your attorney fees. )

latigo

If you win the case, the other side pays your attorney fees. )
Hmmmm. . .

Are you certain that that is the state of the law in Texas?

If so, please cite the provision or provisions of either the Texas Civil Practice or Remedies Code or the Texas Government Code of any other laws in that state – including Section 28 of the Government Code on small claims courts - that allows as cost to the prevailing party in a tort action their attorney fees.

And exclusive of Section 38 of the CPRC providing for attorney fees in actions arising out of claims for “(5) lost or damaged freight or express; (6) killed or injured stock.”

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">