• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims my best opitions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine86

Perhaps this is more suited section for my thread.

I'm from the UK, Scotland.

I'm in a private group on facebook with other physical therapists. There was one person who is also in the UK said they done Websites & Marketing too, so I went to Private Message to chat. I thought he could help me out with a new site and help digital marketing on facebook ads. The conversation started on 8th May, and we chatted very much for a week, he was very prompt with replys. We agreed on a sergice and fee. He gave me an invoice via email and I paid that Invoice on around 14th May.

After payment, conversation was very poor, with lack of responses and reply via the same facebook message conversation. He kept promising I'd see some work soon, so I was patient; but 6-7 weeks later I had received nothing for my £500 paid invoice. So on 27th June, I requested a refund. He seen the message but never replied. A couple of days later, on 30th June, I received an email clearly stating from him sorry for lack of contact, he had been busy and admitted to having done or supplied no work to me, and happy to refund my payment asap. It has been 12 days today now since initial request for refund. I have sent numerous polite payment reminders via email but yet I have received nothing again - no reply and no payment back.

I have everything to show and prove, full original conversation, all emails and invoice etc in black and white. But I don't know how much leg I have to stand on. I'm on the road to 3 months pulling my hair out for something I needed done months ago to help take my business forward to bring in an income and help pay bills and feed my family so I'm under a lot of pressure.

How I pursue this now for my £500 back is the question; Is small claims court my best route of action or should I invole fraud, police, trading standards etc.

Do you have any experience of this or advice that could help me?

Thanks Kindly,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">