• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims for out of state co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sonny23

What is the name of your state? PA

I live in PA and want to file a small claims against a company in OK. Will they have to come to me or do i go to Tulsa, OK for this case?

S

sonny23

The company in OK was to set up a website for me and establish an account for me within their company so that i would get paid when my operation in PA is up and running. Trouble is they were shut down by the government in their state of OK after they had cashed my check. I did not see any services done for me.

JETX

Sonny, you have some problems:
1) Did you have a written agreement with this company to provide the services to you??
2) If so, did this agreement stipulate which state laws would apply in the event of a dispute??
3) Where was the contract signed??
The answer to those questions will help to try to determine jurisdiction in your case.

However, the information in your subsequent post pretty likely kills any chance you might have of recovery. If this company was "shut down by the government in their state of OK", it is likely that they have no assets or those assets may have been seized by the state. I would suggest you contact the agency that shut them down and get the particulars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">