• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Procedure - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChingonBoo

What is the name of your state? California

I went to small claims court in San Bernardino County California on 08/01/03. I was awarded a sum of money. I was told by the courtroom clerk that myself and the defendant would be recieving the judgement in the mail. As of 08/12/03 I hadn't recieved anything from the courts. I called to find out what was taking so long. A clerk informed me that the Minutes for the hearing had not yet been completed and that she didn't know when they would be completed.

I don't know who I should take this issue to. I am pretty sure that the hearing minutes should have been completed right after the judgement. California Civil Coded states that the clerk shall promptly deliver or mail notice of judgement to both parties (California Civil Code Section 116.610H). Any advice?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ChingonBoo said:
What is the name of your state? California

I went to small claims court in San Bernardino County California on 08/01/03. I was awarded a sum of money. I was told by the courtroom clerk that myself and the defendant would be recieving the judgement in the mail. As of 08/12/03 I hadn't recieved anything from the courts. I called to find out what was taking so long. A clerk informed me that the Minutes for the hearing had not yet been completed and that she didn't know when they would be completed.

I don't know who I should take this issue to. I am pretty sure that the hearing minutes should have been completed right after the judgement. California Civil Coded states that the clerk shall promptly deliver or mail notice of judgement to both parties (California Civil Code Section 116.610H). Any advice?

My response:

Hundreds of cases are heard in Small Claims each week. So, yes, I have some advice for you - -

1. Be patient, or

2. Pay more property taxes so we can afford to hire more court personnel.

I suspect you'll choose number 1.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">