• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims procedure for requesting proof from defendant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smallclaims

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa and Wisconsin

I work for a corporation in Iowa, suing past customers with unpaid account balances who sold their business or went out of business. One case is in Wisconsin and one in Iowa.
Question: In the small claims trial/hearing, can I request that documents be provided by the defendant to prove his claims? I would specifically like to see their corporate books or accounting records to show what happened to their assets upon dissolution or sale of their business. If they cannot provide that, I would then like to request any other documentation or proof that they were actually a corporation. Can I request this in small claims court, and if so, how?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa and Wisconsin

I work for a corporation in Iowa, suing past customers with unpaid account balances who sold their business or went out of business. One case is in Wisconsin and one in Iowa.
Question: In the small claims trial/hearing, can I request that documents be provided by the defendant to prove his claims? I would specifically like to see their corporate books or accounting records to show what happened to their assets upon dissolution or sale of their business. If they cannot provide that, I would then like to request any other documentation or proof that they were actually a corporation. Can I request this in small claims court, and if so, how?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/suing-corp-llc-piercing-corp-veil-breach-fiduciary-duty-unsec-credito-430185.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">