• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims QUestions - CA Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lad

What is the name of your state? CA
Have small claims pending for breach of contracts; Couple of questions. The D brought a spreadsheet of sorts to my house prior to filing the claim. I want the info on this in evidence before he presents his case (info on doc is false). Do I ask the judge to have him stipulate to facts I read or can I ask if he has it, it can be in evidence while I am presenting my case. I only mentioned breach in the filing can I bring up actual or constructive fraud civil code 1571,2,3 to prove my case?

Second question, arising from same transaction, but I did not file with claim for two reasons. Found out some facts after filing on 5/18...court date is 6/31, secon, the new claim I want to file deal with misleadind and deceptive practice under CA civil code and I don't want to "show my hand" at the first hearing. It's best if he perjures himself or admits things in his case so I can them file the next case. I want to file separately on codes 1770 and 1780 which allows for punitve damages for violation of 1770 which I can't get for contract breach.

Last, this guy I found out is unlicensed as a contractor, neve gets building permits for his work and has no business license. Should I reports all of these to the appropriate gov't agencies - if so, before or after my suit.

Thanks much for ANY help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">