• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold dog - got Parvo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geomike

California :confused:
I sold a 5 month old puppy, and was later told that 10 days after they received him he got Parvo. He had been vet checked, was healthy, but had only received his first DA2PP shot, buyers were aware of this. I have been told by my vet that the incubation period is 3-7 days, so if he contracted Parvo after 10 days it was because they exposed him to it. Should I be liable for anything?

seniorjudge

Q: Should I be liable for anything?

A: Doesn't sound like it to me.

The normal incubation period (time from exposure to the virus to the time when signs of disease appear) is from 7-14 days. Active excretion of the virus in the feces can begin the third day after exposure, often before clinical signs appear, and may last for one to two weeks after the onset of the disease.

That seems to be the consensus on the sites I visited.

Incubation period varies from 5-10 days.

Etc. etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">