• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold my Car. Now the person is no where to be found

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carman1

california

Hello,
I sold my car a year ago to an old landlord who offered to buy it off me. I had just moved from texas and the car has texas tags. I told him ok, we met, i wrote a loose contract stateing he taking over the responsibility of the car until i could finish with the title transfer process. He paid me cash.
He paid me 2 months and then bounced. I went to his house and called an officer. There , i saw the car with different license plates and no tags. The vehicle is no longer insured but it is still in my name. Due to economic reasons, i had to move back to texas and leave my car here with him (since i was unable to locate him again) I come back., he has moved and changed his number. Im just in college, and i made a very stupid mistake because i needed rent money. What can i do to fix this, and how much trouble am i in with legal?

From my experience, you dont even make deals like this with friends, because chances are they wont be your friends anymore after all is said and done. I'd rather live on the street then chase someone around.

He didnt pay you in full right? Im sure you could do something about this.. Hope somebody chimes in with some advice. Biggest problem is that you signed that agreement.

Antigone*

From my experience, you dont even make deals like this with friends, because chances are they wont be your friends anymore after all is said and done. I'd rather live on the street then chase someone around.

He didnt pay you in full right? Im sure you could do something about this.. Hope somebody chimes in with some advice. Biggest problem is that you signed that agreement.
His only legal recourse is to sue the bad guy, but he'll have to find him first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">