• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was sold a sick puppy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bniebauer

What is the name of your state? MI.

My girlfriend and I just purchased a puppy. Unfortunately we were unaware that he had the parvo virus. which is extremely deadly for dogs and exspensive to treat. There is no possible way the puppy got it while with us. he contracted it while with the breeder. So can we hold the breeder responsible and make him pay for the vet bills and lost wages?What is the name of your state? MI

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bniebauer said:
What is the name of your state? MI.

My girlfriend and I just purchased a puppy. Unfortunately we were unaware that he had the parvo virus. which is extremely deadly for dogs and exspensive to treat. There is no possible way the puppy got it while with us. he contracted it while with the breeder. So can we hold the breeder responsible and make him pay for the vet bills and lost wages?What is the name of your state? MI
You can sue the breeder for vet bills but not lost wages. The puppy didn't have a job and thus no loss wages at all. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">