• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone drove my car without my permission and totaled it out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1keycake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
A friend released my keys to his brother to drive without my permission. I have never meet his brother and never agreed to allow him to drive my car.He drove off in my car without my consent and totaled it out. Is it to late to press charges against him, and can i sue him for the damages to my car and rental expenses.Also a few days prior to the incident i spent $500 for body work on my car and also paid $1500 towards my car note to pay it up for a few months. Can I sue for my money loss? Pless help

Last edited:

swrdmbo

Since you did not report the fact that he drove your car without permission I do not see how anyone is going to believe it now.

Even if it is true, you can see how suspicious it looks. The car is driven, in an accident, totaled out, and NOW you want to report it??

Your insurance company will pay you what the car is worth. Your payments and body work will not enter into it.

You can pursue civil action against your friends brother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">