• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone taking advantage of me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clyde92367

What is the name of your state? TX
I need to know if this person can make a small claim on me. I was asked to take the boss's wife to Key West Florida. She told me she would take care of all the expenses of the trip and also pay for my weeks salary plus tips. She said she would take care of all my meals. She needed me to take her there to find her new huband's (my boss) lost wedding ring. I agreeed under these circumstances. But what i got is not at all what i was led to believe. I only got 1 sandwich a day No breakfast , and for the whole week being there we only had a hot meal 3 times. She was using her new mother in laws credit card and the second day the mother inlaw cut her off and the credit card was no good. She also did not bring her check book and told me if i advanced paying for the diver and the boat captian to take us to where her husband lost ring would may be found . So very unwillingly i wrote out the 2 checks totallying 400 and she was said she would pay me back when we got home.

I was miserable the whole trip.

When we finally got back and she wrote me a check for my expenses and also covering what i advanced her with the checks i wrote in florida. But it was a hot check no good. I of course not happy about this at all the check was only for 358 dollars and during the week we were in florida her husband did put a 260 dollars into my account. When they realized the check they had written me bounced like a rubber ball. My bank automatically tried to run it thru again and if it clears notice i said if she will have had paid me 1068 I also advanced a dinner and a hotel night while we were there so I figure minus the advanced expenses i paid for the remainder money is mine equaling 573 which also includes my bank fee because of there hot check. Well now she is harazzing me , stocking me and wants me to return 258 dollars to her.. i dont think i owe her a dime all the wear and tear on my car and the no meals i had to be hungry for the majority of the week

she says that if i dont pay the 258 she will sue me in small claims court does she have a case?

C

clyde92367

no the ring was never found. But not only am i being harrassed every day but now she is stocking me and following me to the work force commision when i today was looking for work she rudly interrupted my search
i think i may have to get a restraiing order
I am going to also have to leave my job and search for another to avoid her and her harassement

any suggestions if i should give her some money back I dont think i owe her i dont know what to do

JETX

"She says that if i dont pay the 258 she will sue me in small claims court does she have a case?"
*** Based solely on the very confusing information in your post, I would say no. However, it does sound as if you may have several valid claims against her. Starting with the bad check. Did it ever clear her bank?? If not, you might contact the Montomery county DA office and see about filing 'hot check' charge against her.

I would also suggest you sit down and write a DETAILED chronology of events. When done, you might consider filing a small claims action against her for the unpaid expenses. I doubt that the "one sandwich-meal" issue is valid for court, but it sounds like you have a claim for unpaid expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">