• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son was a minor at the time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kristin1960

Son's car caught fire. Registered to me (IN). His Godmother (IN) stated TO HIM if I would give him the insurance check, she would loan him cash (if SHE was allowed to choose the car AND conduct the transaction) so he could have a decent car. She stated to me the check was all that was needed from me, the conversation was between her and him and none of my business. This was 10/27/00. Verbal and HER idea. He is now in the military (legal state IN, physically in TX). She is suing us both-(my name is on the title as co-owner-he was 17). Only witnesses to conversation-her, me and my son. She is also trying to sue me, put a lien against my house (NO equity) because she gave me money in the past. I recently filed bankruptcy. Didn't include her as a debtor. She specifically told me that she forgave any monies I MAY have owed her. Can she do all this? He can't afford to come to IN for court (she is trying to serve him at my house, not military base) and I can't afford time off from work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">