• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's belongings at dad's house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmparker

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My son who is 16 (almost 17) recently moved home with me and his dad refuses to return his belongings. Actually, he is (or has already sold his dirtbike). The dirtbike was a 16th birthday present from his dad/stepmom but my father, his dad's parents, sister and her husband all pitched in to purchase the dirtbike for him. Also, my boyfriend got him a car wich he also refuses to return, unless we pay 400.00 in a week to purchase it back (Honda CRX), he has 2 playstation 2s, a tv, stereos and all other belongings as well. I have contacted the district justice, they say I need a lawyer, however, I can't afford one. Do I need a lawyer, is there another procedure I can persue to recover his belongings or is my son totally out his things?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">