• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sound like i have a good case???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jameslr09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i am in Kenton County, Kentucky. Here is my problem. Last august i contacted a television repair company to fix a convergence(colors were slightly unalligned) problem on my RCA 52" HDTV. The tv was still watchable at the time they began working on it. They came out to do a house visit and determined they would have to take the tv into the shop. Months went by of me constantly having to call to enquire about the television and if it was fixed. I went to the store one day and they actually brought it back that day, probably mid december. I advised them to wait on plugging it up as the tv was cold and could break.(used to deliver bigscreens) Needless to say it popped and the motherboard blew. It is now June 5th and they fianlly, 3 weeks ago, came back to try and fix it.(after months and months of non-returned phonecalls) Then he says they have to take it back to the shop to fix it. Still havenet heard anything and wont get phone calls returned.

I at one point called and told them if something isnt done i was going to take them to small claims court. That actually got me one call back. I am going to call today and tell them if they cant have it back by next friday to not worry about it and we can settle in small claims court. the limit in ky is 1500 and i purchased the tv 3 years ago for 1200. unfortunately the tv is discontinued so im only going to ask for 800 and court costs.

I Do have all phone call records as well. Do I sound out of line? Its been 10 months and they seem to be getting nothing done. Does it sound like i have a case at all? I appreciate all of your help. Thanks a million.

cosine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i am in Kenton County, Kentucky. Here is my problem. Last august i contacted a television repair company to fix a convergence(colors were slightly unalligned) problem on my RCA 52" HDTV. The tv was still watchable at the time they began working on it. They came out to do a house visit and determined they would have to take the tv into the shop. Months went by of me constantly having to call to enquire about the television and if it was fixed. I went to the store one day and they actually brought it back that day, probably mid december. I advised them to wait on plugging it up as the tv was cold and could break.(used to deliver bigscreens) Needless to say it popped and the motherboard blew. It is now June 5th and they fianlly, 3 weeks ago, came back to try and fix it.(after months and months of non-returned phonecalls) Then he says they have to take it back to the shop to fix it. Still havenet heard anything and wont get phone calls returned.

I at one point called and told them if something isnt done i was going to take them to small claims court. That actually got me one call back. I am going to call today and tell them if they cant have it back by next friday to not worry about it and we can settle in small claims court. the limit in ky is 1500 and i purchased the tv 3 years ago for 1200. unfortunately the tv is discontinued so im only going to ask for 800 and court costs.

I Do have all phone call records as well. Do I sound out of line? Its been 10 months and they seem to be getting nothing done. Does it sound like i have a case at all? I appreciate all of your help. Thanks a million.
Sounds like a lot of cases I see on TV.

jameslr09

just wondering if it sounds like i have a solid case??? dont want to get involved in this if i dont see a way to win the case... but i hear its usually based on the judges mood.... all help/info would be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">