• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

special civil court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mseas8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

I borrowed 5000.00 from a brother, he is now getting divorced and his wife sued me for half the money borrowed. We went to special civil court and the judge ruled in her favor, i appealed and was denied again. The money was taken from a joint account, so why is it not marital funds and dealt with at the divorce.
My younger brother also borrowed money, 10,000, "sued for half" went to court with the same scenario, that judge ruled it as marital funds because it was a joint account and she lost.
Both cases where in New Jersey only one town apart.

My question is, can i appeal again with a lawyer this time and argue the fact that the same scenario had two different results, WHY

My last appeal was about 2 months ago, i have to say i am very confused as to we 2 very similar cases had 2 different rulings. Is there anything i can do to stop this. and what can she do to me as far as enforcing payment. garnish my check? take me to court again? or just bug me to no end?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">