• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SPEEDING TICKET TRIAL!!! Motion for CONTINUANCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

urmaxboost

I got a ticket in OHIO for speeding. I live in Michigan myself. I went to court and plead not guily so the judge set up the trial day on May 29th. Today i get a letter in the mail from the court saying

Quote" Now comes the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, in the above-captioned case and seeks a continuance of the same now set for a trial on such MAY 29th. The trooper involved in this case is out of town at a conference at this time " End of quote

I got tickets before and i fought them myself but i never got anything like that before so i was wondering if somebody wiht legal practice can explain what that means for me BAD OR GOOD and so on.
I would really appreciate any help. thanks

FlyingRon

It's a request for a continuance because the witness (i.e., the cop) isn't available. It will almost certainly be granted (unless you make a compelling reason otherwise).

seniorjudge

It's a request for a continuance because the witness (i.e., the cop) isn't available. It will almost certainly be granted (unless you make a compelling reason otherwise).
And it doesn't mean anything, good or bad, for you.

It is just a procedural matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">