• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sprinkler repair issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sprinklerrepair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I had seen an advertisement regarding sprinkler repair and called the person over. He mentioned a rate of $50 an hour. When he came home, he mentioned that he would have to replace a pipe to fix a leak and it would cost me 2 hours plus materials. He also mentioned that he had done this several times. I paid for the materials. He started working and enlisted my help to dig through under the concrete to get the pipe out. After the pipe was cut and removed, he mentioned that this would not be easy and that we needed to cut the concrete and the cost would now be $500. He had never done this job (cutting concrete and filling it up before. I was upset with this and did not pay him anything and he left the mess as is (pipe cut out and the yard messy). He had also threatened to sue me. All of these events were verbal and there was no written contract.

Can he actually win against me in small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">