• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staples Ink Recycling NOT HONORING COUPONS ISSUED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alpha654

Staples Ink Recycling NOT HONORING COUPONS ISSUED

I returned hundreds of cartridges thinking it would be great opportunity to help out environment and get free stuff from Staples. Staples also would benefit by cleaning, refilling, and reselling the cartridges. Seemed like a win/win situation for everyone. I received a $3 off coupon for each of the ink cartridges, but now that I attempt to redeem the coupons they will not honor them. They are still before their expiration date, and I do not have the option of receiving my ink back either. I called up their office of the president of Staples. They informed me that their policy has changed on these and they could not do anything for me. Wow! So I am left with hundreds of worthless $3 off coupons. How would I go about pursuing this matter? I live in Livonia, MI and they are based out of Framingham, MA. They have local stores in my state as well. What items should I have for evidence?

alpha654

Let me try to elaborate. They gave limit 25 coupons per person per store for ink cartridges. I turned in a bunch and went to multiple staples to acquire the coupons. This was back in September. The coupons have 3 month expiration. The coupons are just shy of expiring(have maybe a week on some of them). For whatever reason, the coupons have been expired since Dec 6 in the Staples coupon system. This causes them to return an error message of expired online, on phone orders, and in stores. The physical coupon shows it to be valid. When I explained this to Staples.com and to the office of the president of Staples they stated that they could reissue the coupons, but their coupon policy has changed. You are only allowed to use 3 coupons per day. I was told that they would reissue me, based upon my expiration dates of Dec 13- Dec20, 24 coupons if I sent in the coordinating 24 coupons incorrectly coming up expired. The other hundreds cannot be used. I informed them that just last week I was able to place multiple orders using 3 coupons per order. I read the coupon policy from staples.com which gives no limit as to how many coupons per day may be used, only that 3 per order may be used. I read the terms of the coupon, which also do not state any 3 per day limitation. She said that the Staples policy is 3 ink coupons per day per person and that is all they can do. The rest of the coupons would not be able to be reissued.

alpha654

Terms displayed at store when I was turning in cartridges:

Limit 25 coupons per person per visit. Limit 3 coupons per transaction.

Terms printed on the $3 off coupon:

Coupon valid for 3 months from date of issue. Valid at Staples stores, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 or online at www.staples.com. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $3 must be met with purchases to whch no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. May not be combined with any other coupon. Coupon must be surrendered. No coies/facsimilies. No cashe.credit back. Not valid on services, gift cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, or any purchases from awards.com or on other provider Web sites. Tax and shipping not included in calculating minimum.

Coupon Terms from Website:

Important Restrictions:

* Coupons are not transferable.
* Coupons may only be used once and cannot be used on subsequent orders.
* Please observe the coupon limits on particular offers (there is a 3-coupon limit to $3 off recycled ink cartridges). Note: there is also a 10-coupon maximum for any single order.
* Void where prohibited.
* No cash or credit back.
* Coupon must be submitted at time of order.
* Expired coupons are not valid.
* Tax and delivery are not included in calculating minimum purchase requirement.
* Coupons are not valid on previous purchases.
* Only one "Dollars off" coupon per purchase. (See definition below.)
* Minimum purchase requirement for "Dollars off" coupon must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies.
* "Product specific" coupons may be combined with other coupons as long as the purchase requirement of each coupon is met independently. (See definition below.)
* Staples RewardsSM checks can be redeemed on any order.
* Limit one per customer
* Not valid on downloadable software, services, business service provider or custom-printing service provider web sites, gift cards or postage stamps.
* We reserve the right to charge credit cards for the amount of the coupon.

Definitions:

* "Dollars off" coupons provide a general discount on your order total.
* "Product specific" coupons provide a discount on a specific product.

Staples.com reserves the right to reject orders that use a coupon code that was obtained from a bulletin board or other Internet site. Staples.com also reserves the right to reject orders that use a coupon code that was transferred from a direct mail recipient or that are in violation of any coupon restriction listed above.

If our system does not accept your coupon code and you believe you are the holder of a valid coupon, please contact our customer service group at 1-800-3STAPLE (1-800-378-2753).

alpha654

I had been collecting from family and friends as well as buying some lots of empties online. I was originally going to refill and sell online, but this seemed like a great opportunity.

alpha654

Do I have any chance at a case? If so how would I go about it? I am assuming small claims would be best. I live in Michigan. Thanks for any and all help.

moburkes

I guess I'm still trying to understand what they aren't honoring, and what they are trying to offer in return.

What is the 24 limit? Why can't you mail in 24 in each envelope?

I'm confused.

alpha654

They have said that there is a 3 coupons per day limit. With the 3 coupons and there being 8 days before my coupons all expire(based upon the dates they were issued) they will replace 24 coupons. All the others will not be able to be honored.

My frustration is that I was never told only 3 per day, nor is it displayed upon the website or coupons, nor have I ever had such a limitation when placing orders. And so now they are saying they will only accept responsibility for 3 ink coupons per day through the expiration of my coupons.

alpha654

I have a couple concerns. First concern was that I would be giving up any evidence I had to support my possible case. Secondly, I feared them denying any more than 24 even from other names as they were making a special case for me. I suppose I could try anyway, but I have 570 coupons. I used to stop at 8 Staples a day returning cartridges. After all the driving around and working the logistics, it made sense. Now I am really gettting hosed.

alpha654

I have seen the new purple coupons, mine are the old green coupons, and they now say limit 3 coupons per day. It would seem they are holding me to the standard of the new coupons while I was given them under different conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">