• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DKulTN

What is the name of your state? TN
An individual with a business card (yes, we've learned our lesson) damaged our deck considerably in the process of pressure-washing it. We had it repaired for $1300. I have put off contacting the "contractor" to let him know cost of repairs (cussed at my husband during last conversation and denied causing damage). It has now been almost one year. How long do I have to file a small claims suit? Also, should I send a certified letter letting him know the costs and asking for payment before filing the suit? Mailing the letter and awaiting response would put us over the one-year mark if that is the limit. Any responses would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">