• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktee233

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Idaho
In September 2001 I bailed our sons' friend out of jail. I did not know that I was responsible for making sure he made all his court appearances. He missed one and later was sent to prison for 3 years. He was released in November 2004. When we sold our home, there was a lien for $2,125.00 to the bail bond company.

My question: When does the clock start ticking for SOL for me to take him to small claims court? And, if I have a promissory note from him, is there a SOL on it?

Thank you!

ktee233

Thank you very much for your help. Looks like I have time! I sent him a letter through his probation officer in Nov. when he was first released. I sent his PO a copy of the letter with the same questions I posted here two days ago. Now I will wait for a week for him to receive the letter and will file my lawsuit.

I appreciate your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">