• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations and jurisdiction of case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tfryer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California

I purchased a car on an online auction some time back and upon delivery, found that it had been misrepresented in the auction and that the car actually needed a lot of engine work. The seller claimed that the car ran great. I later checked all of the paper work that the seller gave me and there was a statement made by a mechanic that the engine needed to be rebuilt. The seller made no mention of this in the auction web site.I live in California, but the seller lives in Utah. I did not pursue this right away at the time because I was busy traveling with my work. I wanted to find out where I would need to file a small claims case and what the statute of limitations is on this.

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tfryer said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California

I purchased a car on an online auction some time back and upon delivery, found that it had been misrepresented in the auction and that the car actually needed a lot of engine work. The seller claimed that the car ran great. I later checked all of the paper work that the seller gave me and there was a statement made by a mechanic that the engine needed to be rebuilt. The seller made no mention of this in the auction web site.I live in California, but the seller lives in Utah. I did not pursue this right away at the time because I was busy traveling with my work. I wanted to find out where I would need to file a small claims case and what the statute of limitations is on this.

Thank you

My response:

You wouldn't win anyway. So, it really doesn't matter.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">