• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stays And Retrials

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Annarath

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

I went to trial to get money back from my landlord and did not come with an attorney. In the end he managed to hire an attorney, countersue me, get a different magistrate and different time to hear the case and not only did I not get my money, but he sued me for an additional two thousand dollars. He perjured himself several times and the magistrate conducted himself in such a way--recorded in the transcripts--that he has been reported for judicial review. in short, i not only lost and was sued on flimsy evidence, but was not heard by a hostile magistrate. the more i review this case the more it seems a blatant case of racism and already the civil rights commision in Indiana is looking into it. SO HERE IS MY QUESTION? How do I get a stay put on the verdict and verdict appealed?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? INDIANA

I went to trial to get money back from my landlord and did not come with an attorney. In the end he managed to hire an attorney, countersue me, get a different magistrate and different time to hear the case and not only did I not get my money, but he sued me for an additional two thousand dollars. He perjured himself several times and the magistrate conducted himself in such a way--recorded in the transcripts--that he has been reported for judicial review. in short, i not only lost and was sued on flimsy evidence, but was not heard by a hostile magistrate. the more i review this case the more it seems a blatant case of racism and already the civil rights commision in Indiana is looking into it. SO HERE IS MY QUESTION? How do I get a stay put on the verdict and verdict appealed?
You appeal the magistrate's decision. YOu normally have 14 days from the time the magistrate enters his decision to do so. Nothing you have stated leans towards racism however. Parties are given more time to get an attorney. Landlords ARE allowed to countersue. What you say is perjury truthfully is most probably NOT perjury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">