• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stereo stolen while at dealership and more . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scott M

Auto Dealership Repair Issues

What is the name of your state? California

I took my vehicle to an authorized Dealership for repair. After a months time and $2703.75 in repair costs my vehicle ran just the same as when I took it in. I took my vehicle into an independent shop that found and repaired the "actual" problem for $138.00 in just fewer than two hours time. The Dealership refuses to refund any monies, including reimbursement for double charging me for my smog inspection. I have five calls to the general manager and not one response. The service manager asked that I not call him any more. I have contacted the B.A.R. and am awaiting response. I contacted the corporate office, to no avail.

While in the possession of the Dealership, $4,400.00 in stereo equipment was removed from my vehicle. I have an alarm, which was not cut or bypassed, and there was no forced entry. They had possesion of my keys and alrm controller. The seats had to be unbolted and removed to access four components that were taken. They bolted the seats back down once they were done. My carpets were ripped up and many personal items were missing as well. The service manager was upset at first, stating that he knew it was an inside job and that he would replace anything that was missing. Now he states they are not responsible. I do not have all of the receipts.

I have heard that there is an epidemic of theft from this Dealership. Should I put an ad in my local paper and attempt a Class Action Suite? (I know this will require a lawyer.)

The dollar value of the two issues combined is too much for small claims. Can I split this into two separate claims? Might I be better off going with a lawyer?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">