• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen bulldog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkashley

What is the name of your state?ms

When i came home from my hitch on the boat, found that my girlfriend and her new boyfriend had sold my bulldog.He is a registered chinaman bull terrier, and worth around 500.00 dollars.Can i press charges?i also have found out where he is,what can i do to recover him?

matti422

I don't know if there are criminal laws for which you can "press charges", but you can definitely take the ex and the new "owners" to court to demand the return of your property (for which you get a court order for the new owner to return the dog to you, and the new owner sues your ex for the return of her money), or you can just ask for replacement value. You don't, however, get both the dog and the replacement money.

You could always go the "poor me" route and approach the new "owners" and see if they will return the dog to you and settle with your ex on their own.

I am assuming, of course, that you have proof that the dog was yours, not your ex's. I always get in trouble for assuming stuff like that, but if you go to court, you better be able to prove it was YOUR dog.

jkashley

bulldog registration

My dog was registered with ABDA, or the american bulldog assoc, which is the highest registration a dog can get if he is a pure bred bulldog.He is registered under my name.

djohnson

If he is registered under your name alone I would go file a theft charge with the police. Tell them you know who has it. They will give your ex GF up and put her on the hot seat. Ofcourse she is going to say he was a gift to her, so be prepared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">