• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Equipment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Notagain22

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
A friend of mine plays in a local cover band that had a show last weekend. During the show, my friend (the guitar player) became very agitated and said he wanted to leave and couldn't play anymore. After the song ended, he jumped off stage and walked out to my car. He was extremely upset and wanted me to take him home. The remaining band members went outside to confront him and said he needed to get back in and play or there was going to be "serious reprecussions". My friend was seriously and quite obviously mentally disturbed. (he has a previous history of paranoia and severe depression). He refused to go back inside after one band mate said "After the show you and me are going to have some -expletive-words." He was trying to walk off into the freeway to "kill himself" saying he did not want to live and everyone was trying to kill him. I ended up coaxing him into my car and took him home. I got several messages on my phone that the band was not going to pack up his equipment (about $6,700), but simply leave it outside the bar. Instead of being able to drive back up to the bar (an hour away) I took my friend to the emergency room at his request for suicidal tendencies. Of course, his equipment was gone when I had a chance to go get it. Someone walked off with $6,700 worth of his gear. Being that he was obviously mentally disturbed and unable to care for himself, would I have a case in small claims to try and get the money back from the band? They had left his equipment outside out of pure spite, since they could've left it inside the bar if they wanted to. What is my best plan of action? HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">