• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lerbur2

I went to court. The defendants attorney said he will agree to me having my $350 returned. However Im suing for $5000 'cause of other damages (the money stolen from my account was for things like paying for storage of the things in my apartment 'til I bonded out. I wound up losing all my things. The landlord threw them out. This and other things couldve been avoided had I had the missing money. My lost possessions account for the bulk of the money Im asking for). The attorney for the defendants basically said that suing for more wont be in my favor 'cause, as he stated, Itll be like suing a bank for more money than what was stolen from the account 'cause my intentions were to use the money to buy a car and thats just not how it goes. I would like to let a jury decide. I am tempted to taken the money and run, and get this over. Also Im sure theyre going to try and raise a point on my involvement to the money being stolen do to my own carelessness with my personal info. What do you suggest I do? What will happen If I decide not to take the $350 but press for more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">